Monday, July 30, 2007

Braised Ribs

I thought I would throw a culinary term in for those of you who care... after all,,, Jackie H is about to inherit a large sum of School Loans.... it's the least I can do for her... Man I love her!!!!!!! I am officially the Luckiest Man Alive:)..seriously!!!!


Any way, as I braise(the best way to cook tough meat) some Beef Short Ribs, I thought I would throw you a bone...:)

Here it is:

"Braise": pronounced(BRAYZ)- A cooking method by which food is first browned, then cooked, tightly covered, in a small amount of liquid at low heat for a lengthy period of time.The long, slow cooking develops flavor and tenderizes foods by gently breaking down their fibers. A tight fitting lid is very important to prevent the liquid from evaporating.

Guys and girls, trust me when I say this... it is well worth the wait. You can turn a $5 cut of cow into a tender, juicy, flavor-filled delight. Plan for 2 hours of cooking and you will be set!!!!!

Enjoy:)

Chef Pastor Fuller

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

I can't make braise ribs cause I don't eat pig, so I'd like to ask the chef if I can braise other things....bagels? Luna bars? celery?