Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Make Yourself New


Fifteen years ago I got this awesome guitar that made me feel like a Rock Star! It was top of the line and it was bad to the bone. It had all the bells and whistles. About 3 months ago, I realized that I haven't played it in 6 years. Why?
I'm not sure, I guess because it was run-down, beat-up and outdated. But what happened to it? ...I guess time did.... time happened to it.

Sometimes we find ourselves the same way, beat-up and useless... but the good news is that God has promised us a permanent "restoration"... He makes us beautiful every day... the more we trust in Him, the more He polishes and shines us.

Some of us need a little more work than others but it's never too late to allow Christ to bring us back to life....

Ephesians 4:22-24

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

Last night I started to bring my old guitar "Back to life"... I have stripped all the hardware and paint and I am going to make this old guitar what it once was:Top of the line....No matter how long it takes! Because I know it can still fulfill the exact purpose it was designed to do... rock out some worship to the King of Glory!!! I haven't lost hope in this guitar, and God hasn't lost hope in you. Let him strip you down and rebuild what only he can!

Fuller

5 comments:

Jeffrey D said...

awesome

Ro(bert)o Lopez said...

dude...you gotta post a picture of the final project!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you told me about this guitar and the joy and excitement you shared that day. This is the same joy ALL can fell when we allow Christ to make some "updates" to our lives.
M-

Heather Palacios said...

Great post, Chef-Pastor. You should blog more often : )