Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Running On Empty


This is an actual picture of my Gas Gauge this morning at 5:55 on my way to LA Fitness. I actually found myself praying... "Dear God, one more mile please..."

Although it would have been my own fault, and I could have gotten gas easily the night before, I just kept putting it off. Fortunately God answered my prayers and I was able to cruise into the gas station and 'fil her up! But, I could have just as easily been walking in the humid, dark Florida rain to get a bucket of Gas.

How bout you? Where's your gauge... is it below "E"... or are you filled up?

This morning I realized that maybe I let my tank run to low Spiritually. Maybe I am putting off God until the last minute. And even though I'm still going... maybe my system could use a boost of fresh clean spiritual Gasoline.

Isaiah 40:31

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Fuller

No comments: