Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Bones About It!!!



This is perhaps my most naked post...

Matter of fact, it is an extreme inside look of why my back hurts so bad right now and I can hardly walk!!!

Looks like I'll be out of commission for a while. No running... no lifting...(Sorry Sawgrass peeps... looks like you're going to have to do a little more than your share for the next few weeks:)

This is what it looks like after you twist and turn and try to stop a basketball from going out of bounds. Well, I may exaggerate a bit, because according to my Chiropractor, Dr. Rush, I was born with a slight curve in my back that has now led to some disk deterioration. Although the X-ray does not exaggerate, this is some crazy stuff!!!

Fortunately for me, I will be able to correct about 75% of it through treatment and rehab... but for now, I can't stand up straight.

But wow!!! It just goes to show you how important it is to keep an eye on this stuff.

Please pray for me as I learn how to "Take it easy"... and strength train my lower back more.

Peace out

Fuller

6 comments:

Jeffrey D said...

praying for you man.. It will get better only with rest...

Pris said...

Outch! I hope you're feeling better my friend.

Heather Palacios said...

:(
I'm sorry, bro. Ask God to lay some of his power over those bones. He'll get you standing up loud and proud in no time. I'll pray that 4 u 2.

Marc Millan said...

Gotta give you props bro, you showed up for Staff retreat and gave everything you had for your team injured and all, this is the same guy who inspired me when I was just volunteering...hope you get better and come back stronger than before!

Pris said...

I made it to your link list!!! Me so happy :)
Miss you both...big hug

Pris said...

So how many times a year do you blog? ;)
Merry Christmas to the 3 of you