Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Think I'm Going To Boston???


I heard an interesting song at the Gym today and the lyrics were very fantastic...One of those songs that can inspire change... but then I thought... How do you really turn over a new leaf in life? The singer speaks of starting a new life in a new city where "No one knows my name"....(I'll ignore the pun on CHEERS here)

Although it seems adventurous and exciting... I am reminded that if we don't change from the inside first... soon we'll be singing... "I think I'm Going to Kansas... then Chicago... then Nashville..." You see you can run but you can't hide.

True change must start today... and it must start inside of us. And hey, if a change of scenery helps... do that too!!



BOSTON- by Augustana
"I think I’m going to Boston
I think I’ll start a new life
I think I’ll start it over
No one knows my name
I’ll get out of California
I’m tired of the weather
I think I’ll get a lover
I’ll fly ‘em out to Spain

I think I’m going to Boston
I think that I’m just tired
I think I need a new town
To leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise
I’m tired of the sunset
Here it’s nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice"

4 comments:

Pris said...

right Fuller. True change is from within...
This is a great post. I see the wisdom in it.

Anonymous said...

Helps a lot with some of my current thoughts! Thanks!!

LiZ

Marc Millan said...

NEW YORK bro, that's where you want to go...

City of BIG DREAMS....Be part of an FRC Campus there?

Pris said...

But, Marc, you're in Florida???
:)